90/10 Principle Revisited: Devotion

21st September 2011 by Bill Davis
A very good friend sent this idea to me.Do you know what the 90/10 principle is? You have no control over 10% of what happens to you in life. The other 90% is your reaction to this 10%. Now this you do control. God wants us to be happy and productive. He gives us free will and often that gets us into trouble. We may not be able to control the 10% but we have full control of the other 90%. Think about it. No matter what is going on in your life, you have control over 90% of it simply by the way you react to the other 10%. Jesus tells us: John15:5a; “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit.” God wants to be your source of guidance and comfort. He wants to help you with everything. Maybe you are grieving over the lose of a loved one. You didn’t have any control over the loss. Now what matters is how you react to this loss. Maybe you lost your job. It may have been due to lack of performance or you just had no control over it. How you react will determine a lot about the outcome of this situation. Studying God’s word has a lot to do with abiding in Him. Philippians 3:13b-14; “Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me.” Forgetting perhaps means, disregarding. Don’t let the past keep you from a bright future. Be prepared for problems but do not accept defeat. Put on God’s armor and meditate on His word every day. Philippians 4:13; “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” Say this and believe this every moment. You will control 90% of your life and certainly can handle the other 10% with His help.
Bill Davis

Comments are closed.