Dear Church Family,
Your church staff, deacons, Health Team, Safety Team, Sunday School leaders and other church leaders met on Tuesday, May 19 (while socially distancing, of course) to discuss preparations for the NABC family to gather again in worship on site.
After prayer, scripture guidance, and discussion, I am excited to let you know that we will return to corporate worship on site on Sunday, June 7. Weather permitting, that first service will take place in our large, side parking lot and grassy area. We will be asking you to park in the next-door parking lot and to bring your own lawn chairs in order to maintain safety in distancing from other worshippers. (In case of rain, we will be prepared to meet in the gym and will provide appropriately-spaced chairs.) Worship on Sunday, June 7 will begin at 9:30 a.m. and will last an hour. We are so excited to finally be able to offer the opportunity to worship with the family in person!
Beginning the second Sunday in June, and through the end of the month, we plan to meet in the gym for worship at 10:30 am.
Your staff is making plans to phase in our sanctuary worship, Sunday School, small groups, and Wednesday night activities. Our prayer is that we can add these other important parts of our church’s ministries throughout the summer and that we can be in full swing in September.
NABC leadership will regularly and prayerfully assess the situation. We are committed to keeping the church family informed of the plan going forward. Updates will be sent by e-mail, as well as being published on social media and our website. If you are unable to receive information through any of these avenues, please feel free to call the church office for updates at 225-2575.
Church family, we need to pray! Please pray for your leadership and staff to discern and stay faithful to the Lord’s plan for our family. We surrender to Him, our Father, to lead, guide and to give us wisdom.
● Worship services will continue to be streamed live on FB and the church website.
● We are excited that the entire family will worship together! With that in mind, children will NOT have children’s worship, but will remain with their parents. We all joyfully welcome and encourage our children to participate!
● If you are not feeling well, please do not come to worship, whether outside or inside.
● Families might consider checking your own temperatures before coming; be cautious and considerate of others.
● If you are not yet comfortable “getting out,” please know that staying at home is ok! Continue to worship with us online until you are ready to join us in person.
● You are welcome to wear a mask, but masks will not be required.
● Everyone will be encouraged to observe social distancing guidelines.
● We want everyone to be a responsible friend and family member in all we do.
● Additional guidelines and information will be made available as we prepare to move inside. Meanwhile, know that deep cleaning and regular cleaning are taking place inside already. We are also preparing for open entrance doors, worship without printed bulletins, offering collection at doors, individual Lord’s Supper elements, and other means of doing all we can to keep you safe.
Please continue to pray for our fellowship. Several in our church family have been through difficult days of illness and even the death of family members during this time of being apart. Many of you have continued to reach out and minister to those who are hurting. Many of you are praying. Thank you for allowing God to use you during these challenging days!
We are all excited about being back with you and we praise the Lord for wise leaders who have helped us prepare for this day!
Blessings to all and we look forward to seeing you on June 7th.