Small Groups will resume September 18th at 6pm.
The twelve week Small Groups are:
- Christian Basics 101 is a concise survey of foundational tenets of the Christian faith designed to enhance spiritual growth and service. This study is a feast of solid doctrinal “meat and potatoes” for anyone desiring to be strong in Christ.
- Having a Mary Spirit In this life-changing book, Joanna Weaver, directs your gaze past your own shortcomings to the God who stands ready, willing and able to make a new woman out of you. She equips you with the biblical insights and practical tools to partner with Christ, inviting him into the hidden places of your soul and giving him full permission to redeem and renovate.
- Sign Language In this class you will learn basic sign language to better communicate with the deaf. Starting with hello and including basic phrases like “have a good day” and “nice to meet you”. If you have ever wanted to know how to say hello in sign language, this is the class for you.
- Children’s “I’m a Christian Now” This year all of our new Christians will be divided into two groups to study what it means to be a Christian now.
- Children’s Bible Study This study will be for our children not involved in the I’m a Christian Now study.
- Youth Bible Study Sunday nights mean Man-time for our young men and Girl-time for our young women. It is a fun and intimate time of Bible study and a time of talking about life. It is facilitated by college age adults and adults who love the youth and love pouring into the youth. The idea is to further develop a community of young men and women who seek God together and spur one another on towards love and good deeds – to become more and more anchored in Christ through unity in the body.
- College Study The world of a college age adult is fraught with it’s own challenges. New lessons are to be learned each day. God has a plan for your life; a plan in which He surely wants to be a part. This ongoing study will strive each week to identify your needs and show how the Bible and God’s Word are applicable and useful to you.
The first six week Small Groups are:
- Courageous Joshua committed his house to serving the Lord. He issued a courageous call, took a courageous stand and set a courageous example for future generations. Courageous is your opportunity to take a stand and make a change for the sake of your family, your church, your community and the world.
- Bridges (Christians Connecting with Muslims) Since 9/11, the image of Muslims evokes fear and mistrust in most Americans. Yet, Jesus teaches compassion and challenges his followers to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. Bridges is helping Christians connect with Muslims. This study provides biblical teaching about Islam and what Muslims believe, opening the way for better understanding between the religions.
The second six week Small Groups are:
- Game Plan for Life Three-time Super Bowl winner and NASCAR champion Joe Gibbs and his team conducted a national survey that identified the most important issues facing today’s men. This study addresses the first six: God, the Bible, Salvation, Creation, Finances and Sin & Addiction.
- 40 Days of Purpose The most basic question everyone faces in life is Why am I here? What is my purpose? Self-help books suggest that people should look within, at their own desires and dreams, but Rick Warren says the starting place must be with God and his eternal purposes for each life. Real meaning and significance comes from understanding and fulfilling God’s purposes for putting us on earth.
The nursery is available to all parents who are participating in Sunday Night Small Groups. Rest assured that your baby or toddler will be taken care of by our workers.