Join us on October 21, 2020, as we lift our voices together to petition the Lord for His mercy and grace on our state, nation, and world.
We recognize that our strength and understanding pales in comparison to the strength and understanding given to us through the Holy Spirit. He is the One who can bring hope to the hopeless and peace in the chaos. The healing of our nation is unattainable by our own efforts; it will only happen through a movement of God. Join SC Baptists as we lift our voices to the One who can bring that change and healing during an election year and a Pandemic.
We will gather in the sanctuary at 10:00am, 2:00pm, and 6:00pm. Please choose a time that is convenient for you and pray with us. You can find a prayer guide at http://praysc.nabc.church.
Trinity Point Baptist Church
Easley, South Carolina
With the help of the Janie Chapman Offering, Trinity Point Baptist Church was able to celebrate Christmas with over 700 students in their Heart4Schools partner school, West End Elementary.
• Pray for Trinity Point Baptist Church as they continue to minister in their community and as they seek to advance God’s Kingdom on earth.
• Pray for many other churches to partner with schools, bringing help and hope to students, teachers and families.
• Pray that relationships will be created in every school in South Carolina that bring opportunities to share the hope of the gospel.
Slater Baptist Church
Greenville, South Carolina
With the help of the Janie Chapman Offering, Slater Baptist Church provided a dinner on Christmas Day for lonely people in their community. They served 42 people which is nearly half of their known homeless community!
• Pray for Slater Baptist Church as they serve a poverty impacted community in Greenville County.
• Pray for the Catoe family as they continue church revitalization efforts with Slater Baptist.
• Pray for all of our South Carolina Baptist churches to demonstrate God’s love to the marginalized in their own communities, as Slater Baptist has done in theirs.
Funds from the Janie Chapman Offering were used to replace a broken washing machine on the Florence Baptist Association’s Disaster Relief shower/laundry unit last year so that clothes could be washed for residents that had to be evacuated from a storm-damaged nursing home.
• Pray that the two new shower/laundry units being built in South Carolina this year will be completed and will have volunteers to serve when needs arrive.
• Pray for leaders to find effective ways to provide training amidst the ongoing social distancing restrictions of the pandemic.
• Pray for wisdom in responding to any type of event, including hurricanes, during the pandemic, with restrictions affecting the way Disaster Relief teams can be housed, fed, work, and travel together.
Vietnamese Church Planting
South Carolina Baptist churches – Vietnamese Blessing and Greenville Vietnamese – are reaching Vietnamese people in the upstate. They have a vision to help start a new congregation in the midlands to share the gospel with several thousand Vietnamese living there. The Janie Chapman Offering provides training for ethnic church leaders and start-up assistance for new work like the Vietnamese church plant.
• Pray for these two churches as they reach the Vietnamese community in South Carolina.
• Pray for God to provide a church planter to lead a new Vietnamese work in the midlands.
• Pray for an existing church in the Columbia area to serve as a sponsoring church for this new work.
East Asia Partnership
Japan is a country where only 1% of the population has a relationship with Jesus. The 2020 Tokyo Olympics were postponed until 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic. The Janie Chapman offering will provide training and resources for South Carolina Baptist missions volunteers to serve with International Mission Board (IMB) missionaries and Japanese Baptist churches during that strategic event.
• Pray for the missions volunteers and churches who are preparing to share Jesus during the Olympic games next summer.
• Pray for Japanese Baptist churches to have a vision for reaching people with the gospel.
Charleston, South Carolina
Radiant Community is an intentionally diverse church plant located in North Charleston. Pastor Philip Pinckney planted the church three years ago in order to be a Gospel light in a hard part of the city. He’s married to Jenny and has two sons, Ezra and Judah, with a girl on the way! Through the Start Network and partnership funding provided by the Janie Chapman Offering, Pastor Philip and Radiant church have been able to provide for the physical needs of those in their communities, while also giving the neighborhood the Hope of the Gospel.
• Pray for financial provision as we continue to grow and serve our community.
• Pray for God to raise up Godly elders and leaders within the church.
• Pray for greater unity in our church as we are a diverse congregation.
Indian Land Community Church
Indian Land, South Carolina
Indian Land Community Church is a church plant started by Rev. Shannon Brown, wife Heather, and daughters Clara and Katie. Indian Land Community Church exists so that every man, woman, and child will have multiple opportunities to experience and be transformed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, without having to come or go anywhere. This happens by engaging the community through relationships, collectively maturing in our faith, trust, and understanding of who Jesus Christ is, and embracing and executing the Great Commission and the Great Commandment. Thanks to the support provided through the Start Network and the Janie Chapman Offering, we have been able to engage our community by hosting local outreach events where we have developed relationships with families who live in Indian Land. We have also adopted the local high school and served them in a variety of ways – feeding the football team, supporting the Fellowship of Christian Athletes huddles, feeding the teachers, providing school supplies for the classrooms, loving on the bus drivers by providing gift baskets, and so much more. We have also had the privilege of supporting Hope In Lancaster, a parachurch ministry, which provides a wide range of benevolence services to the community on an ongoing basis.
•Pray for God’s favor as we engage those who live close to us but are far from God (The Harvest).
•Pray for disciples to continue to grow in their relationship with Jesus (The Workers).
•Pray for God’s direction for a stable venue/gathering location.
•Pray for God to guide us to a worship leader to join our staff team.
Rock Hill Dream Center Church
Rock Hill, South Carolina
At the Rock Hill Dream Center Church we believe that transformation can only happen by the prompting of God through the Holy Spirit, but with that being said we believe God uses His body to not only evangelize through our voices but also by our actions. The group of people that God has called us to long for relationships; we believe that the person who has surrendered to God will have to be walked with at a high level. A person who has confessed Jesus as Lord has to be discipled with patience and loving rebuke. This type of teaching requires deep relationship.
Through our relationship model and our outreach center, “A Hand Up,” we have been fortunate enough to walk with a church planter (Chad Edwards) and are getting close to sending him out. He will launch Encounter Church in the spring of 2021. None of this would be possible without the very generous support of the Janie Chapman Offering! The Rock Hill Dream Center Church is so very thankful for all of the support that has brought us to this place in the vision and mission God has entrusted us with.
•Please pray for Chad and his launch team as it develops through 2020.
•Please pray for God to raise up more leaders that can be sent.
•Please pray for humility and surrender in our church body.
Then I heard a loud voice from the throne: Look, God’s dwelling is with humanity, and he will live with them. They will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them and will be their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; grief, crying, and pain will be no more, because the previous things have passed away. Then the one seated on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new.” He also said, “Write, because these words are faithful and true.” Then he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will freely give to the thirsty from the spring of the water of life. REVELATION 21:3–6, CSB
Lord, I long for the day when You will make all things new. This world is broken, and I know You will come and recreate all things. I know You have set a day when Christ will return and do just that. I ask You to save _____ before that great day. Make him/her thirsty for the water of life You freely give. Use the witness of Your people to point him/her to salvation through Jesus Christ. I know You are the Beginning and the End—the only hope for salvation for all people. So, I ask You to give _____ new life in Christ.